The Authentic, Charming, and Historic Small Town Excelsior is the totally charming quaint village on the southern shore of Lake Minnetonka. Once the home of the famous Excelsior Amusement Park, it is the gateway to historic and recreational boat tours on the Lake.
Host to fabulous restaurants, breweries, shopping, first run movies at the 100 year old “Dock” movie theater, famous 4th of July fireworks, huge parks, apple days and more; all entice residents and visitors alike.
The Minnetonka Blvd trail catches the city on both sides and leads trail fans to wonderful destinations both west and east.
- Incorporated in 1877
- Only 18 miles from Minneapolis
- Annual festivities include Art on the Lake, Crazy Days, Apple Days, Christmas festival, and the 4th of July parade.
- City and private docking
- Walkability from charming homes into this historic city Upscale grocery shopping
- Professional services available
- Award Winning Minnetonka School District
- Community gardens